The Dales :)

The Dales :)

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

catching up...craziness, and all that....

Ok, so I have some back blogging to do, so I'll do a short catch up:
Mid-December: I went on a girl's cruise with some of my awesome friends- DeAnn Burkart, Jill Frailey, Heather Alvarez, Rachel Shumway, and Marsi Holten. We had a BLAST!! I think we figured between the 6 of us we left 15 children at home (not including the husbands!) We went to Nassau on a short little 3 day cruise out of Port Canaveral, Fl. I'll get some pics posted from our trip. ok, so moving forward-
Christmas: My mom, Step-Dad, Brother and Neice joined us for Christmas. We did most of our celebrating on Christmas eve with my mom's family who all recently moved to Georgia (now we just need to get my mom down here!). Then on Christmas day we just got up to see what Santa had brought, then we loaded up and hit the road for a crazy trip to Disney. My mom, etc were with us for the first 5 days, then they went home and we stayed a few more days. Our trip from start to finish was 11 days including travel time. We hit all the parks and had a great time. It was a little insane...I've never seen so many people in my entire life! And we were absolutely EXHAUSTED! While we had a great time, I think we've seen our last Disney Christmas! We're going to have to figure out a better time of year to go...tricky with the kids in school, but we'll figure something out for next time (we have a few years!). The kids had a great time and even Stevie who couldn't ride as much as the others had a lot of fun.
ok, now to the present:
On Monday, I had my Cornea Transplant. The surgery went well. I was pretty anxious about the idea of being awake during the surgery, but it was not a problem. They gave me some good drugs and while I have fuzzy memories from the surgery, I really didn't care what they were doing to me! I will say that the recovery has not been what I expected. They said I would experience some "discomfort." I must be a real wuss because I would not describe what I've been feeling as discomfort. I have 16 stitches in my eyeball and it feels about like you'd expect 16 stitches in your eyeball to feel. This afternoon has been a little better. I cannot see anything more than blurry lights out of that eye and apparently I won't for a few weeks and I won't see full vision recovery until up to 2 or 3 months. I will have my super sexy stitches for anywhere from 2 months to 2 years depending on how I am healing and how quickly the graft takes. They will not take them all out at once, but rather one or two at a time. I may try to get Bill to take a pic of my eye, but be warned, only look if you are not squimish! I haven't decided if I'll post it yet, we'll have to see how it looks. Currently I am keeping that eye closed most of the time, it feels a little better that way and since i can't see out of it, I figure, why push myself to open it.

So, to add stress to stress, 2 days before my surgery, my car wouldn't crank. Our neighbor who is a mechanic for the county and who has done some work for us before, took a look at it and said he was certain it was our fuel pump. So we had the car towed to a shop, bought a fuel pump and asked them to replace the fuel pump. After coming out of surgery, we find out that after replacing the fuel pump, it still wasn't craking, so they said it was the fuel pump relay switch, not the fuel pump- (yes that's $600 down the drain). SO for an additional $350, they fixed the relay switch. Then they called today and said it still wouldn't crank b/c the spark plugs were wet (our neighbor had poored gas directly into a part of the engine as a test to see it if was the fuel pump), so they had to remove the spark plugs and dry them off and re-install them, (another $250 because the spark plugs on an Expedition aren't easy to get to- something we already knew). So, now we are waiting to see if after $1200 worth of work, will the car crank??? Let's hope so, I don't think my poor husband can take any more stress this week!

So, that's the craziness of the Dale home. Hope you're all caught up! Otherwise, all the girls are doing great (oh yeah, Hannah & Kailie both made straight A's on their report cards!). See Ya!
ok- can't get any images to upload, too tired and can't see well enough to figure it out. I'll try again later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment